Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Glimpses. Where do you see Jesus?


While I've reflected more on the glimpses that we see of both good and evil in world, I began to wonder where you've seen glimpses of good lately?

I've noticed that Jesus is very active in our world when we look and listen carefully!  He is continually giving us glimpses of the good and the peace that only He can bring.  Often it's in the simplest of things:

I've seen the heart of Jesus through friends of mine who are not only taking note of others less fortunate than themselves, but are going out of their way to bless and build relationships with those who need love and friendship.

I've seen Jesus through a man who works harder and longer hours than most--and yet in the midst of that Jesus is using him to bless and disciple others whom he works with!

I've seen Jesus through answered prayers!  Healing those the doctors said were all but goners!

Daily I see Jesus shared over a lunch or a cup of coffee as I see a variety of people loving others and carrying each others burdens in relationships of trust and love.

Don't miss the Glimpses of Jesus!

Share with us some of the ways that YOU are seeing Jesus at work in our world today!

2 comments:

  1. Learning to see (be) Jesus. I am losing a student in my class who just can't get to class and finish her work. She has had a pretty rough go of it in life, and at just 18 she is alone in this world, stuggling against the odds. On her back is a tatoo in Chinese, I asked her the meaning, she told me it said "leave the past in the past". I asked her was there a past she wanted to forget, and she admitted that there was. It's funny how something that obvious we can overlook, the pictures on her body were shouting with her shame. This was the weekend just before Easter, so I began to tell her the story of the cross, Christ's sacrifice for our sin, for my sin, and I told her I used to be ashamed too, in fact all of us sin and feel terrible, but He was the answer, Christ was a way to have freedom Today as I was saying goodbye, I decided to take the whole period and let the others work, and I talked to her. I listened to her life plans, her struggles and her hope for a better life. I told her I would pray for her, and if she ever wanted to drop by, I would be there for her to talk to. Today I learned a little more about Jesus, how He is with people, because He has been teaching me little by little all about compassion. I am grateful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing...love when Jesus gives us more of himself by throwing us right in the middle of things with people who need Him!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting and sharing your thoughts! We all grow and learn best as we share things together!