Wednesday, April 6, 2016

What tone does your soul hear?

The tone with which one speaks makes all the difference in the world as to how words are received.

You can say "I forgive you" -- but if said with sarcasm, it may actually cause more hurt than saying nothing.

You can say "I love you" -- but if said with tired apathy, it may be heard as saying just the opposite.

OUR TONE IS POWERFUL.


What tone is God's voice when He speaks to you?


When you read the Bible -- is there a common tone with which you receive the words?

Tone makes a BIG DIFFERENCE.

I was talking with someone the other day and he shared with me his feelings about a passage that spoke about "being bought at a great price!"

He heard it with a hint of guilt -- like an angry voice saying: "don't you ever forget it!"  It was the voice of a reluctant giver ... someone who paid the price out of duty rather than great love for us.

But Jesus says that our Father is a GOOD FATHER who LOVES to give GOOD GIFTS to His children.

I told my friend that when I hear "you were bought at a great price" -- I hear the gentle voice of a loving Father telling me "my son, you are so valuable to me!  Don't forget how deep my love for you is that I would go to such a length just so you may know me!"

Tone makes all the difference in the world.

I am not saying that everything you hear from God will be gentle encouragement.  He also disciplines and corrects...but He does so because we are children that He dearly loves.

Hear LOVE in His tone always!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting and sharing your thoughts! We all grow and learn best as we share things together!