Thursday, March 28, 2013

An Easter Poem

This is a "poem" that I wrote my Freshman year of college (Feb 10, 2002).  

"POEM OF MY SAVIOR"

Blood drips down, I can almost feel it pool at my feet.
I'm scared to look up, because I know the blood is not from me.
I know it should be.
A quick glance up I see Your feet.
Painfully nailed to the blood soaked tree.
Tears begin to form; I know your feet are pierced for me.
I raise my head a bit more,
all I feel is shame as I see Your wounded side.
Fresh blood still flowing out.
I look away just to see your pierced hands.
Hands that once healed, comforted so lovingly.
Now nailed to the tree.
I'm scared to look at Your face
Scared to see the pain caused by me.
Somehow I bring my gaze to Your eyes.
A tear rolls down Your cheek,
mixing with the blood pouring from your brow.
I see you struggle for breath as you smile,
all you can manage is:
"I love you my child."
Tears fill my eyes
I cover my face and bury my head.
How could I do this to You?
All I can do is fall down
I kneel and weep on the blood soaked ground
Feeling so much remorse, so much sorrow.
I fall still and silent
I lay so scared.
Finally I look up, I see the cross is bare
Blood soaked wood is all that remains
I feel a hand on me,
it pulls me up, it's You
You look me in my tear filled eyes, smile and say:
"I love you my child!"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting and sharing your thoughts! We all grow and learn best as we share things together!